Stockley Park (Greater London)
The controller/dispatcher has an important role on the team. The controller will have the following qualities:
- Excellent knowledge of London Area roads and postcodes
- Prior experience in the chauffeur / transportation industry
- Punctual, reliable, and have a customer service oriented attitude
- Ability to adapt to new and changing technologies in the transportation industry.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess very strong interpersonal communication skills
- Even-tempered, especially during high-pressure situations
Responsibilities of the controller/dispatcher will include the following:
- Dispatching jobs to the drivers
- Answering phone calls from drivers and customers
- Providing quotations to customers if prices are not available, hence good knowledge of London roads is preferred.
- Responding to customer emails
- Entering new jobs into the computerized dispatch system
- Monitoring road conditions and flight arrivals/departures
- Tracking drivers and making sure the driver is at the correct pickup point
- Searching addresses and giving directions to the driver if required
- Handling any issues between the driver and the customer in a professional manner.
- Handling any issues between the driver and the company in a professional manner.
- Maintaining a physical file of job orders and other important documents